When you're feeling low energy, negative, or fizzling out... working with sunshine can be a powerful way to add positive energies to your day! When the the bright side of you cannot self-express, it can become resentful and consumed in darkness. Use the sunlight to illuminate shadows as well as brighten moods and raise vibrations.
How can we practice working with the power of the sun?
Here is a quick and simple list for you below:
1. Sun Gratitude: Upon waking, thank the sun for its warmth, light, and life-giving rays
2. During a meditation, you can visualize the hot bright light of the sun surrounding you, or cast a circle and any time you step into a circle you are becoming the center of your universe to focus on
3. Charge your crystals in the sunlight, adding in your intentions and hopes for this crystal (be careful to research crystals that will fade in long exposure to the sunlight - like amethyst)
4. Notice the cycles in the time of the day to appreciate your different energies. Sunrise is the time for waking up, starting something new and fresh. Day time and high noon is the time to feel energized and get productive. Golden hours in between sunrise and high noon and noon and sunset - these are times to appreciate transitions and the beauty that the golden hour brings! Sunset is a time to decompress, begin to relax, take a deep breath and reflect. At night, when the sun is gone, we can rest, recharge, and get ready for the cycle to begin again.
5. Literally get in some sun, spend some time outside, soak in those nurturing rays!
6. Create a sun sigil to remind you of your positive intentions
7. In yoga, practice sun salutations
8. Open and energize your solar plexus. The solar plexus chakra is associated with the sun and is represented by the color yellow. This energy center is at our core, our gut and so incapsulates our health, gut instincts, and self-confidence.
9. Incorporate sun correspondences in your routines to connect more with the sun. Examples: Make teas, use aromatherapy, connect to your solar plexus, spirits of plants and animals. (see list of correspondences below):
Day: Sunday Element: Fire Sign: Leo
Colors: Orange, Gold, Yellow Metal: Gold Chakra: Solar Plexus
Stones: Sunstone, Citrine, Goldstone, Amber, Red Agate, Goldstone, Carnelian, Garnet, Tiger’s Eye
Incense: Cloves, Cinnamon, Frankincense, Laurel, Olibanum
Oils: Aloe, Bay, Bergamont, Cedar, Cinnamon, Cloves, Frankincense, Ginger, Juniper, Lime, Myrrh, Neroli, Orange, Petitgrain, Rosemary, Patchouli, Saffron, Almond, Angelica
Flowers/Herbs: Acacia, Angelica, Bay, Camomile, Chicory, Citrus Fruits, Heliotrope, Honey, Juniper, Lovage, Marigold, Mistletoe, Rosemary, Rue, Saffron, St.Johnswort, Sunflower, Vine, Benzoin, Cassia, Cinnamon, Clove, Frankincense, Ginger, Myrrh, Oak, Patchouli
Trees: Acacia, Birch, Broom
Animals: Eagle, Lion, Phoenix, Sparrowhawk
Goddesses: Aditi, Amateraso, Brigid, Bast, Ilat, Sekhmet, Sunna, Theia
Gods: Apollo, Freyr, Helios, Huitzilopochtli, Hyperion, Lugh, Ra, Semesh, Vishnu-Krishna-Rama
Influences: Joy, Success, Advancement, Leadership, Natural, Power, Friendship, Growth, Healing, Light, Pride, Protection, Magickal Power, Physical Energy, Health, Confidence, Hope, Prosperity, Vitality, Family, Money, Favor, Honor, Promotion
How else do you incorporate the sun into your life? Do you practice any of these things?
Wishing you a bright day full of sunshine!